Dr. Bookman completed his M.Div. and Th.M. at Central Baptist Theological Seminary; and his Th.D. at Dallas Theological Seminary.
After graduating from Pillsbury Baptist Bible College and Central Seminary, Dr. Bookman served as pastor/teacher in Rock Falls, Wisconsin. He joined the faculty of Pillsbury College in 1973, taught there for eleven years, and eventually served as Chairman of the Bible Department.
In 1987, Dr. Bookman joined the Bible Department faculty of The Master's College. While there, he conceived, designed, and implemented the IBEX program, a semester-abroad program in Israel. During those years, he began to see the need for a renewed emphasis on the life of Christ, and the nation of Israel. In 1998, Dr. Bookman joined the Friends of Israel as a national representative. Throughout the years he has taught at various colleges and seminaries, and has served as pastor and interim pastor at local churches. Much of his ministry in the last decade has focused on both Israel and the life of Christ, leading study trips to Israel, and speaking at Bible Conferences across the United States and abroad.
Dr. Bookman joined the Shepherds Theological Seminary faculty in August 2009. He heads up the student recruitment and teaches in the area of New Testament Exposition. Dr. Bookman also enjoys leading numerous study trips to Israel which includes an annual trip specifically designed for our STS students.
More answers from this author
- A Time Line of the Passion Week44text
- 27. Jesus Ministers in Perea8text
- 4. The Birth of John the Baptist1text
- Did Jesus Tell Us to Be Cannibals?0audio
- Who Were the Pharisees?0audio
- 32. "Silent" Wednesday10text
- 14. Jesus Saturates Galilee with His Message8text
- 20. The Transfiguration5text
- 37. Jesus's Body Placed in the Guarded Tomb4text
- 31. Jesus Silences His Enemies and the "Olivet Discourse"3text
- Why Did Jesus Minister in Galilee?1audio
- Why Did Jesus Cleanse the Temple?0audio
- The Parables - A Stroke of Genius?0audio
- Who Were the Sadducees?0audio
- Joseph and Mary: Engaged or Betrothed?0audio
Popular Questions About Jesus Christ