Dr. Bookman completed his M.Div. and Th.M. at Central Baptist Theological Seminary; and his Th.D. at Dallas Theological Seminary.
After graduating from Pillsbury Baptist Bible College and Central Seminary, Dr. Bookman served as pastor/teacher in Rock Falls, Wisconsin. He joined the faculty of Pillsbury College in 1973, taught there for eleven years, and eventually served as Chairman of the Bible Department.
In 1987, Dr. Bookman joined the Bible Department faculty of The Master's College. While there, he conceived, designed, and implemented the IBEX program, a semester-abroad program in Israel. During those years, he began to see the need for a renewed emphasis on the life of Christ, and the nation of Israel. In 1998, Dr. Bookman joined the Friends of Israel as a national representative. Throughout the years he has taught at various colleges and seminaries, and has served as pastor and interim pastor at local churches. Much of his ministry in the last decade has focused on both Israel and the life of Christ, leading study trips to Israel, and speaking at Bible Conferences across the United States and abroad.
Dr. Bookman joined the Shepherds Theological Seminary faculty in August 2009. He heads up the student recruitment and teaches in the area of New Testament Exposition. Dr. Bookman also enjoys leading numerous study trips to Israel which includes an annual trip specifically designed for our STS students.
More answers from this author
- What Is a Miracle?1audio
- How Are the Pharisees and Sadducees Leaven? 0audio
- Why Was the Star Significant to the Wisemen?0audio
- Can We Know the Historical Events of the Passion?0audio
- If Jesus is God, Why Did He Pray?0video
- Did the Crucifixion Take God by Surprise?23text
- Why Did Jesus Choose the Twelve Apostles?18text
- 34. The Illegal Trial before the Sanhedrin10text
- 3. The Angelic Announcement of Jesus Christ7text
- 40. A Time Line of the Life of Christ3text
- What Is a Messiah and Why Do We Need One?1audio
- Did Jesus Perform Miracles before His Baptism?1audio
- Healing a Blind Man Twice?0audio
- Why Focus on the Suffering of Christ?0audio
- Son of the Living God?0audio
Popular Questions About Jesus Christ