Dr. Bookman completed his M.Div. and Th.M. at Central Baptist Theological Seminary; and his Th.D. at Dallas Theological Seminary.
After graduating from Pillsbury Baptist Bible College and Central Seminary, Dr. Bookman served as pastor/teacher in Rock Falls, Wisconsin. He joined the faculty of Pillsbury College in 1973, taught there for eleven years, and eventually served as Chairman of the Bible Department.
In 1987, Dr. Bookman joined the Bible Department faculty of The Master's College. While there, he conceived, designed, and implemented the IBEX program, a semester-abroad program in Israel. During those years, he began to see the need for a renewed emphasis on the life of Christ, and the nation of Israel. In 1998, Dr. Bookman joined the Friends of Israel as a national representative. Throughout the years he has taught at various colleges and seminaries, and has served as pastor and interim pastor at local churches. Much of his ministry in the last decade has focused on both Israel and the life of Christ, leading study trips to Israel, and speaking at Bible Conferences across the United States and abroad.
Dr. Bookman joined the Shepherds Theological Seminary faculty in August 2009. He heads up the student recruitment and teaches in the area of New Testament Exposition. Dr. Bookman also enjoys leading numerous study trips to Israel which includes an annual trip specifically designed for our STS students.
More answers from this author
- How Can God Die?10video
- 6. The Genealogies of Jesus Christ8text
- What Is a Messiah and Why Do We Need One?1audio
- Did Mary and Joseph Move to Bethlehem?1video
- Who Were the Sadducees?0audio
- Why Are Matthew's and Luke's Genealogies Different?58text
- What Was the Triumphal Entry?25text
- The Sermon on the Mount: Why So Shocking?23text
- 39. Forty Days until the Ascension9text
- 33. The Last Supper and the Garden of Gethsemane5text
- Why Did Jesus Ride into Jerusalem on a Donkey?1audio
- What Is the Unforgivable Sin?0audio
- What Was the Sermon on the Mount All About?0audio
- Was the Triumphal Entry a Clever Plan?0audio
- Raise Lazarus, Get Arrested? Why?0audio
Popular Questions About Jesus Christ