Dr. Bookman completed his M.Div. and Th.M. at Central Baptist Theological Seminary; and his Th.D. at Dallas Theological Seminary.
After graduating from Pillsbury Baptist Bible College and Central Seminary, Dr. Bookman served as pastor/teacher in Rock Falls, Wisconsin. He joined the faculty of Pillsbury College in 1973, taught there for eleven years, and eventually served as Chairman of the Bible Department.
In 1987, Dr. Bookman joined the Bible Department faculty of The Master's College. While there, he conceived, designed, and implemented the IBEX program, a semester-abroad program in Israel. During those years, he began to see the need for a renewed emphasis on the life of Christ, and the nation of Israel. In 1998, Dr. Bookman joined the Friends of Israel as a national representative. Throughout the years he has taught at various colleges and seminaries, and has served as pastor and interim pastor at local churches. Much of his ministry in the last decade has focused on both Israel and the life of Christ, leading study trips to Israel, and speaking at Bible Conferences across the United States and abroad.
Dr. Bookman joined the Shepherds Theological Seminary faculty in August 2009. He heads up the student recruitment and teaches in the area of New Testament Exposition. Dr. Bookman also enjoys leading numerous study trips to Israel which includes an annual trip specifically designed for our STS students.
More answers from this author
- Did the Crucifixion Take God by Surprise?23text
- In What Year Did Jesus Die?4video
- Why Was the Star Significant to the Wisemen?0audio
- Did Jesus Fulfill the Expectations of Messiah?0audio
- Can We Know the Historical Events of the Passion?0audio
- Why Are Matthew's and Luke's Genealogies Different?58text
- 36. Jesus on the Cross6text
- 29. Jesus’s Strategic Route to Jerusalem and the Triumphal Entry5text
- 20. The Transfiguration5text
- 12. The Role and Impact of Miracles in Jesus’s Ministry 3text
- Nazareth or Capernaum - Where Did Jesus Live?4audio
- What Is a Miracle?1audio
- When Does Jesus Start Talking about the Cross?0audio
- What Is the Unforgivable Sin?0audio
- Why Focus on the Suffering of Christ?0audio
Popular Questions About Jesus Christ