Dr. Bookman completed his M.Div. and Th.M. at Central Baptist Theological Seminary; and his Th.D. at Dallas Theological Seminary.
After graduating from Pillsbury Baptist Bible College and Central Seminary, Dr. Bookman served as pastor/teacher in Rock Falls, Wisconsin. He joined the faculty of Pillsbury College in 1973, taught there for eleven years, and eventually served as Chairman of the Bible Department.
In 1987, Dr. Bookman joined the Bible Department faculty of The Master's College. While there, he conceived, designed, and implemented the IBEX program, a semester-abroad program in Israel. During those years, he began to see the need for a renewed emphasis on the life of Christ, and the nation of Israel. In 1998, Dr. Bookman joined the Friends of Israel as a national representative. Throughout the years he has taught at various colleges and seminaries, and has served as pastor and interim pastor at local churches. Much of his ministry in the last decade has focused on both Israel and the life of Christ, leading study trips to Israel, and speaking at Bible Conferences across the United States and abroad.
Dr. Bookman joined the Shepherds Theological Seminary faculty in August 2009. He heads up the student recruitment and teaches in the area of New Testament Exposition. Dr. Bookman also enjoys leading numerous study trips to Israel which includes an annual trip specifically designed for our STS students.
More answers from this author
- 39. Forty Days until the Ascension9text
- Healing the Blind Man Twice?0audio
- Wise as a Serpent, Innocent as a Dove?0video
- What Is the Unforgivable Sin?0audio
- Did Jesus Have Limitations?0audio
- 7. The Childhood of Jesus Christ12text
- 34. The Illegal Trial before the Sanhedrin10text
- 24. Jesus Ministers in the Region of Judea8text
- 15. The "Unpardonable Sin" and a Shift to Parables4text
- 31. Jesus Silences His Enemies and the "Olivet Discourse"3text
- Nazareth or Capernaum - Where Did Jesus Live?4audio
- Why Was the Star Significant to the Wisemen?0audio
- Why Did Jesus Perform Signs and Miracles?0audio
- The Miracle that Led to Rejection?0audio
- When Does Jesus Start Talking about the Cross?0audio
Popular Questions About Jesus Christ