Dr. Bookman completed his M.Div. and Th.M. at Central Baptist Theological Seminary; and his Th.D. at Dallas Theological Seminary.
After graduating from Pillsbury Baptist Bible College and Central Seminary, Dr. Bookman served as pastor/teacher in Rock Falls, Wisconsin. He joined the faculty of Pillsbury College in 1973, taught there for eleven years, and eventually served as Chairman of the Bible Department.
In 1987, Dr. Bookman joined the Bible Department faculty of The Master's College. While there, he conceived, designed, and implemented the IBEX program, a semester-abroad program in Israel. During those years, he began to see the need for a renewed emphasis on the life of Christ, and the nation of Israel. In 1998, Dr. Bookman joined the Friends of Israel as a national representative. Throughout the years he has taught at various colleges and seminaries, and has served as pastor and interim pastor at local churches. Much of his ministry in the last decade has focused on both Israel and the life of Christ, leading study trips to Israel, and speaking at Bible Conferences across the United States and abroad.
Dr. Bookman joined the Shepherds Theological Seminary faculty in August 2009. He heads up the student recruitment and teaches in the area of New Testament Exposition. Dr. Bookman also enjoys leading numerous study trips to Israel which includes an annual trip specifically designed for our STS students.
More answers from this author
- How Can God Die?10video
- How Is Jesus the Bread and Water of Life?1audio
- 28. Jesus Travels to Bethany and Raises Lazarus from the Dead1text
- 35. Jesus Tried by Pilate and Herod Antipas1text
- What Is the "Godhead"?0audio
- 27. Jesus Ministers in Perea9text
- 22. Jesus and the 12 Travel to Jerusalem6text
- 29. Jesus’s Strategic Route to Jerusalem and the Triumphal Entry5text
- 37. Jesus's Body Placed in the Guarded Tomb4text
- 15. The "Unpardonable Sin" and a Shift to Parables4text
- Who Did the Disciples Believe Jesus Was?1audio
- What Caused John the Baptist to Retire?0audio
- The Miracle that Led to Rejection?0audio
- How Much of the Gospels Focus on the Passion?0audio
- Son of the Living God?0audio
Popular Questions About Jesus Christ