Passion Week (also known as Holy Week) is the time from Palm Sunday through Easter Sunday (Resurrection of Jesus Christ). Passion Week is so named because of the passion with which Jesus willingly went to the cross in order to pay for the sins of humanity. Passion Week is described in Bible verses Matthew 21-27; Mark 11-15; Luke 19-23; and John 12-19.
You can find articles, podcasts, and videos about the Holy Week from respected pastor's and speaker's on Jesus.org.
Holy Week and Passion
- Why Did Jesus Curse the Fig Tree?75The cursing of the fig tree may seem odd to us, but three key insights will help you understand this story.text
- The Symbolism of the Last Supper?45The Last Supper, which took place hours before the Lord’s crucifixion—was a Seder (Passover observance). Previously, the feast’s symbols had only pointed back to the Hebrews’ redemption from Egypt. But that Thursday night, Jesus revealed the messianic significance of two symbols: bread and wine.text
- A Time Line of the Passion Week32A time line and chronology of the Passion Week that includes Gregorian dates, First Century Jewish day/night cycles, and Galilean Jew cycles.text
- What Can We Learn from the Prayer in the Garden?31text
- What Was the Triumphal Entry?23Christ's Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem was not simply another parade. The event fulfilled a number of prophecies and challenged a nation and the world.text
- Why Did the Crowd Turn Against Jesus So Quickly?17Jesus entered Jerusalem to praise and adoration but, by the end of the week, faced a crowd shouting for His crucifixion.text
- Can Someone Sweat Drops of Blood?15The physical suffering of Jesus began in the Garden of Gethsemane on the evening before His crucifixion. text
- Why Did the Romans Allow the Triumphal Entry?13Has it ever occurred to you that it was a very remarkable thing that the Roman officials did not interfere with this demonstration?text
- Did Jesus Evade the Leaders' Question?11The counter question Jesus asked was in reality an answer to His enemies' inquiry.text
- Throwing over Tables: A Temper Tantrum?9The Bible records a time when Jesus Christ, God incarnate, was angry. Very angry.text
Popular Topics About Jesus Christ
Online Bible and Study Tools