Passion Week (also known as Holy Week) is the time from Palm Sunday through Easter Sunday (Resurrection of Jesus Christ). Passion Week is so named because of the passion with which Jesus willingly went to the cross in order to pay for the sins of humanity. Passion Week is described in Bible verses Matthew 21-27; Mark 11-15; Luke 19-23; and John 12-19.
You can find articles, podcasts, and videos about the Holy Week from respected pastor's and speaker's on Jesus.org.
Holy Week and Passion
- Jesus Will Meet You in Your Gethsemane?5We must remember this in our moments of loneliness, when we feel as though we have been abandoned by friends or perhaps even betrayed by our own family. When you feel as though no one cares about you, you have a glimpse of what Jesus went through.text
- Why Did Jesus Need to Be “Made Perfect” through Suffering?5The whole earthly life of Jesus is summed up in one phrase. He was made “perfect through suffering.” But wasn’t Jesus perfect when he was born in the manger? And didn’t he live a sinless life? Wasn’t his death the death of an innocent man? text
- What Was the Cup Jesus Wanted Taken Away?4Before His trial and crucifixion, Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane that God would take the "cup" from Him. What did He mean?audio
- A Lesson in Washing Feet?3Imagine the disciples’ surprise when the Son of God put Himself in the role of a lowly servant and knelt to wash their feet. The need for such a service was great, as they had been traveling for some time. But not one of them offered to do it.text
- Choosing to Suffer for Love?2To feel the love of Christ in the laying down of his life, it helps to see how utterly intentional it was. Consider these ways of seeing Christ’s intentionality in dying for us.text
- The Timing of the Triumphal Entry in the OT?2audio
- Peace in the Passion Week?2We need to understand that Christ's offer of peace came, not when everything was going well, but just hours before His disciples' world fell apart.text
- Why Did Jesus Weep During the Triumphal Entry?2As Jesus made His triumphal entry into Jerusalem, the crowds were celebrating. And what was Jesus doing? He saw the city, and He wept over it.text
- Judas Does Us a Favor?2You call yourself a Christian. But are you a true follower or are you just going through the motions?text
- A Donkey: A Powerful Sign of the Times?2When Jesus rode into Jerusalem on a donkey, He was making a firm claim as Messiah.video
Popular Topics About Jesus Christ
Online Bible and Study Tools