Does the Bible Teach that Jesus Will Return?
These facts from biblical prophecy about Christ's return may surprise you:
- One out of every 30 verses in the Bible mentions the subject of Christ's return or the end of time.
- Of the 216 chapters in the New Testament, there are well over 300 references to the return of Christ.
- 23 of the 27 New Testament books mention Christ's return.
- In the Old Testament, such well-known and reliable men of God as Job, Moses, David, Isaiah, Jeremiah, Daniel, as well as most of the minor prophets mention Christ's return in their writings.
- Christ often spoke specifically about His own return to earth.
- Throughout the centuries, Christ's disciples and followers have adamantly believed, written, and taught that Christ would someday return to earth.
The Bible teaches it. The Lord Jesus stood upon its truths. The apostles declared it and wrote about it. The creeds include it and affirm it.
Quite obviously, His return has not been considered an insignificant issue through the centuries. But the strange thing is that many Christians in this generation either ignore it or are somehow confused by it. Too bad. It is a marvelous truth.
Taken from "Scriptural Support for Christ's Return" (used by permission).
More Questions about Promise of the Second Coming
- When Jesus returns, should we expect a physical or spiritual return? What does the Bible say?
- We all have a commission to obey until Jesus returns. We are to use every opportunity we can to get the gospel to as many people as possible.more...
Popular Questions About Jesus Christ