The Gospels - Is Jesus God?
Biblical answers to questions relating to the Bible Gospels.
- Are the Gospels Reliable?63In comparison with the remaining manuscripts of any other ancient Greek or Latin literature, the NT suffers from an embarrassment of riches.text
- Why Are There Four Gospels?46The New Testament includes four separate accounts of the life of Christ, and each has a different focus. Why should there be more than one?text
- What Is the "Q-Source"?18Wherever we land in our conclusions about the method by which the gospel writers compiled their texts, the very analysis that we have seen gives us one clear benefit. text
- Why Does Matthew Use "the Kingdom of Heaven"?13In Matthew’s case, he uses the phrase “kingdom of heaven” rather than the terminology “kingdom of God.”text
- Should We Include John 7:53 to 8:11?5John 7:53 to 8:11 is not found in a number of the most important of the ancient manuscripts.text
- Mark: The Gospel of Immediacy?4A characteristic term which occurs with great frequency in Mark's Gospel is the Greek word Eutheos," which is variously translated "straight away, immediately" etc.text
- Four Gospels, Four Audiences?2The Gospels record Christ's ministry to the four groups of people then and now in the world.text
- Did the Original Bible Manuscripts Claim Jesus Was God?1Some bestselling books have claimed that the gospels were “edited” to say Jesus is God. But a study of history shows this is completely impossible.text
- How Should We Approach the Gospels?1What is important is that through these narratives we should come to see and know Him whom they reveal.text