Life of Jesus Christ
Biblical answers to frequently asked questions about the life of Jesus Christ.
Youth and Baptism
- Jesus's Childhood: The Missing Years?132The gospel accounts tell us little about Jesus's youth. But we can learn much from the culture and history of Israel and the animosity toward Galilee.text
- Why Did Jesus Need to Be Baptized?42Although the Bible says that Jesus lived a sinless life, He asked John to baptize Him. What was the purpose?text
- Why Did the Holy Spirit Descend in the Form of a Dove?27The way the Spirit comes gives a direction for how its power is to be used.text more...
- Was He Really a "Doubting Thomas"?46Thomas, one of Jesus’ disciples, had the nickname Doubting Thomas, but I think that is a bit unfair.text
- Was Nicodemus a Follower of Christ?21What are we to make of the man, Nicodemus, who visited Jesus in the middle of the night and whose conversation sparked John 3:16? What motive did he have in coming?text
- Peter: The Rock-Man?19What did Jesus mean when He said that Peter was a rock upon which the church would be built?text more...
- What Miracles Did Jesus Perform?56All the books in the world couldn't contain all of what Jesus did (John 21:25), but we do have record of many of Jesus's miracles.text
- Why Didn't Jesus Raise Lazarus Immediately?36When you read the story of the death of Lazarus (John 11:1-45), you have to ask the question, “Why did Jesus delay in coming to see Lazarus?”text
- Walking Trees: Why Did Jesus Heal the Blind Man in Two Stages?20After the first stage, the blind man can see but his vision is very blurry. Only when Jesus touches him a second time can he see clearly. What's going on here?text more...
- What Exactly Is a Tare?45Jesus told a story known as the parable of the wheat and tares. However, few people know what a tare is now days.text
- Why Did Jesus Teach in Parables?44Compared to His earlier teaching, Jesus's use of parables seems strange. Did He purposefully hide His teaching from His listeners?text
- Why Did the Sinner Leave Justified?19We hear how we can all be successful. But it is unpopular to speak of being spiritually destitute, to teach that we are to be poor in spirit.text more...
Teaching and Messages
- Don't Judge?108Did Jesus teach that Christians are not to judge as some nonbelievers claim?text
- What Does "Blessed" Mean?67The word blessed is a wonderful word. Christians use the words blessed and blessing a lot, and most of the time we mean it.text
- Who Are the Meek?58Meekness is not weakness. Sometimes we confuse the two.text more...
Harmony of the Gospels
- 1. The Prologue6The prologue to Luke and John's gospelstext
- 2. The Angelic Announcement of John the Baptist5With regard to the longings of the levitical family of Zecharias and Elisabeth, and with regard to the long silence endured by the covenant nation of God, this incident is unspeakably dramatic.text
- 3. The Angelic Announcement of Jesus Christ7It is hard to imagine how shocking must have been the angelic visit and the message concerning the child to be born.text more...