Harmony of the Gospels refers to putting events from the four Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) in chronological order so that readers can easily compare the different accounts as they study the life of Christ, his ministry on earth, and his death and resurrection.
In this section we have gathered biblical answers from respected pastor's to some of the most commonly asked questions about the harmony of the gospels.
Harmony of the Gospels
- 1. The Prologue6The prologue to Luke and John's gospelstext
- 2. The Angelic Announcement of John the Baptist5With regard to the longings of the levitical family of Zecharias and Elisabeth, and with regard to the long silence endured by the covenant nation of God, this incident is unspeakably dramatic.text
- 3. The Angelic Announcement of Jesus Christ7It is hard to imagine how shocking must have been the angelic visit and the message concerning the child to be born.text
- 4. The Birth of John the Baptist1Notice that there is much excitement throughout the region at the remarkable birth of John the Baptist.text
- 5. The Birth of the Christ, Jesus of Nazareth7The details surrounding the birth of Christtext
- 6. The Genealogies of Jesus Christ8Both genealogies legitimize Jesus's claim to the throne of Davidtext
- 7. The Childhood of Jesus Christ11Jesus's visit to the temple at 12 and His growth in wisdom and staturetext
- 8. John the Baptist, Jesus's Baptism, and the Temptation8The ministry of John the Baptist and the nature of Jesus Christ's baptism and temptation in the wildernesstext
- 9. The First Five Days of Jesus’s Public Ministry1John the Baptist's interaction with the Pharisees and the beginning of Jesus's public ministrytext
- 10. First Temple Cleansing, Nicodemus, and the Woman at the Well5The first time Jesus cleansed the temple in Jerusalem, Nicodemus, the woman at the well, and ministry in Judea and Samariatext
Popular Topics About Jesus Christ
Online Bible and Study Tools