Harmony of the Gospels refers to putting events from the four Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) in chronological order so that readers can easily compare the different accounts as they study the life of Christ, his ministry on earth, and his death and resurrection.
In this section we have gathered biblical answers from respected pastor's to some of the most commonly asked questions about the harmony of the gospels.
Harmony of the Gospels
- 31. Jesus Silences His Enemies and the "Olivet Discourse"3Jesus returns to Jerusalem, leaves His enemies speechless, and on His return to Bethany, preaches the "Olivet Discourse."text
- 32. "Silent" Wednesday10Wednesday of the Passion Week is often called "Silent Wednesday," but that doesn't mean nothing happened.text
- 33. The Last Supper and the Garden of Gethsemane5Jesus makes preparation for and eats the "last supper" and then leads the 11 remaining disciples to the Garden of Gethsemane.text
- 34. The Illegal Trial before the Sanhedrin10Jesus faces an illegal trial before the Sanhedrin in several stages while Peter follows and denies the Lord.text
- 35. Jesus Tried by Pilate and Herod Antipas1Jesus faces Pilate, Herod, and then Pilate again before being handed over to a crown of thorns and crucifixion. Meanwhile, Judas succumbs to his guilt.text
- 36. Jesus on the Cross6The crucifixion of Jesus Christ, the Prince of Lifetext
- 37. Jesus's Body Placed in the Guarded Tomb4After undeniable, visible proof of His death, Jesus is buried in the tomb.text
- 38. The Resurrection of Jesus Christ6On the third day, Jesus Christ rose to life and appeared to His followers.text
- 39. Forty Days until the Ascension9Jesus appeared at least five times during the forty days after His resurrection and prior to His ascension.text
- 40. A Time Line of the Life of Christ2A time line of the life and ministry of Jesus Christ from His youth to His ministry to His passion, death, and resurrectiontext
Popular Topics About Jesus Christ
Online Bible and Study Tools